Monday, November 19, 2012

Hello World

void ()
{
    printf("Hello World\n");
}

The first program we write when we learn our programming techniques; be it in any of the computer languages and doesn't matter at what age. Imagine yourself standing in front of a huge monitor with two speakers on either side and a giant keyboard as a door mat. The monitor is actually an office building and the 2 speakers are extensions to office. You are entering the world of computer by placing your right foot forward by typing and executing the above lines of code :)

Well, well, I am sane and very much here. Been busy and been free as well. Just that losing motivation to blog. I think it happens but that's ok. I am back. I see Anil has quite few posts that I definitely should read. I was procrastinating at work; there are situations and times when you dont know why things are happening that way. You just cant question; yet remain confused. The phase continues. So I thought let me take a break; anyway I have to face and live with these confusions for a while. So off I went on a 16 day trip to Thailand and Cambodia.

Now, what do I say? The people and food definitely was shocking. Whoever says "I love Thai food" just after tasting Pad Thai or Tom Yum soup; I wont believe you. You have not tasted Thai food really. So shut up! The art and culture are borrowed from Indians whereas the Chinese have influenced the food. Its not everyday and everywhere you see the images of churning of the ocean of milk back home; I could see them everywhere.

Cambodia was a different experience. Siem Reap housing the world famous Angkor Wat is one among them. The people and the country seems to be 30 years behind. Food again was a challenge. The civil war has taken a toll on Cambodians.

Anyway, travelogues are pending. I am yet to finish my Sri Lankan Sojourn. I think I have become wary of documenting everything I see and experience. I dont know if I will write my experiences of these places. Let's see.

27 comments:

  1. Welcome back.

    I often wonder why people jump for destinations that are in their version exotic like Las Vegas, NY etc. In my opinion,one must jump for where you have been. Thailand and Cambodia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anil,

      Thank you. I think its more about being aware that there are truly exotic and worthier destinations than NY and LV. Having said that, I have done my bit of NY and LV because everyone talks about that. But that was long ago, now I know where the real treasure is.

      Delete
    2. Feel like clicking a like button. Nothing more to say.

      Delete
    3. Haa thanks Gautam. I still would like to travel the path of yours in Honduras and Guatemala

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, B!
    You must document your travelogues here along with the wonderful pics clicked by you! Looking forward to hear all about Thailand and Combodia through your eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa :)

      Oh thanks. Its encouraging always to know there are folks interested in reading the travel piece. I surely shall

      Delete
  3. Would still love to read your account of Thailand and Cambodia:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took a break and you have still managed to write more posts than me in this year :) Those regular blogging days were good. Every third day there was a post by you, me, Shilpa, Guria, Kavi, SG and a few more we read regularly then. Now we are busy, but since I get to see the pics, I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neha,

      Miss those days. I vividly remember us ripping apart and discussing each post we read at length. Where are those days?

      Delete
  5. I too can vouch for Thai food.
    After we read your posts on Cambodia,will decide upon travel that side

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chowla sir,

      This is the right time to go to Cambodia. Sure, will give my detailed experience; but yes surely go!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back B...

    Cambodia, interesting. Do take some time off to post the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bindu. I have heard the same thing about Thai food before :) Btw , loved pictures that you shared on fb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kavitaji,

      How are you; truly happy to see your comments here. Thai food - its for the brave hearts. Oh sure; I shared a couple of them, will share more soon

      Delete
  8. I am shutting up very quickly about Thai food :p. What about Thai food in US? Is that a good representation of the real thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachna,

      :) Ha ha. Thai food in the US is a minuscule sub set and its definitely altered than what you get in Thailand. You need to acquire a taste even to taste the ever famous Tom Yum

      Delete
  9. You are lucky to get to visit all these places ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, So you had another trip . I am sure your would have captured excellent pics. Shall wait for your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!