Monday, July 27, 2015

Being Thankful and My Bucket List

Life's rough and testing and during those times its good to pause and think about all the good things you've had and be thankful. I wanted to list my top 5 "Oh my God, thank you" and also my Bucket List for motivation :-)

Thankful Moments - not in the order of listing
  • My first job - It came totally unexpected and during testing and tried times; above all when I was yet to finish my graduation.  
  • Having a good friend, well wisher, mentor...all in one amazing person. Not in touch anymore for whatever reason. However; I would remember for the rest of my life
  • Having Gypsy in my life. I didn't choose him; he chose me. Dogs are Gods on earth who can be with you and show what unconditional love is.
  • Being blessed with the interest to travel, explore, read and know things. Being curious and wanting to explore is something I always take for granted; as qualities. But when I see people around who are so comfortable in their own little cocoon; I only see all that they are missing. Perhaps; its ok with them but I feel so happy to learn and see new things. And I learn the most when I travel - Be it exploring the rain forests and the flora and fauna of Costa Rica, or the numerous active volcanoes of Indonesia, the archeological wonder in the ruins of Petra, the opulence and wealth of the Maharajahs of Rajasthan, the majestic Himalayan ranges over Nepal and Bhutan and Northern India, the influence of Hinduism in Cambodia, the sky scrapers and the vastness of the country USA...I can go on and on....
  • Watching AR Rahman's concert and the mozart himself at a very close range. I dont generally like spending time and money on such things but this was something that I longed and was lucky that I was at the right place at the right time. 

ARR Concert - Oakload, California - October 2010

Now to my Bucket List. I'll try to stop at 5 but lets see.....
  • Tandem Sky Dive! Yes...some day! ...Also scuba diving and hot air ballooning. 
  • Being able to get back with the one person who stopped talking to me
  • Learning a Foreign language - I dont know why I am not taking the initiative. 
  • Learning at least one musical instrument :-/
  • Traveling around the globe - this is so big! 
  • Publishing my photography works - I would like it to be used for gift ideas, home decors etc and I would wish to give away the money for charity. 
  • And finally - setting up a home for strays. I wish I'd do this sometime. Isn't this such a cutie pie? Was curling himself up and protecting from rain at a rail station in Darjeeling. How nice if he had a home for himself?

Thats all for now :-) What are your Thank you moments and your Bucket List?

17 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool ! loved reading...And getting back to the lost person-let it happen soon ! For everything has a reason and happens in right time ! Clarity is the word for this little positive note Insi,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melange,

      Thank you :) Oh yeah! I wish. I like that - everything happens fora reason and if its meant for us to reconcile; it will. Thanks much for your kind words

      Delete
  2. Posted my comment - but where did it go??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, will post again from memory,what a drag! Interesting Bucket List- share several items with you. Home for Strays, Globe trotting, - always wanted to learn to play the flute, wish I kept practicing Russian and Spanish I learned, publish another volume of poetry, writing a book on - dragonflies, cycling and many many other things - but - ' There is a hole in the Bucket, dear Bindu, dear Bindu!' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa you share few similar wishes as mine. You should definitely write another volume of poetry and a collection of your dragonflies photos as coffee table book perhaps? Hole in the bucket can be fixed Balan :-D

      Delete
  4. And on thanking God - I am grateful to nature for making me what I am and providing me with so many little 'happinesses'. I wish I were a little different - that is - I wish I weren't the lazy bum I am!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are lazy in spite of going around searching for dragon and damsel flies and biking around; I dont know what I should call myself. I rarely get my ass off the couch

      Delete
  5. Gypsy is so adorable. Dogs are the best. Few of your things are on my bucket list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harini,

      Thank you :) He is a darling. Hope your bucket list gets accomplished :)

      Delete
  6. Bindu, it all shows in Gypsy's eyes.
    What more can I say,you are a blessed woman.Let it be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Among your first list I think, "Being blessed with the interest to travel, explore, read and know things" is the best. There is nothing like having a curious mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gypsy is so cute and so it that other naughty looking fellow...

    had posted a comment but it is missing. anyway, i didn't say anything that you don't already know. i was rambling about costa rica trip and ARR concert and your 'dharalamaana manasu'. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gautam,

      Others had same issue. Dont know why the comments went missing. Yeah I know :-) The best ever trip was Costa Rica :)

      Delete
  9. Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it. web design by

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!