Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Sketches and Haikus

Been away for a while now. I have lots to say, write and throw my opinions on events happening around; but the moment I am about to write about it; I feel like I have only to complain. Growing older makes you wiser and more prone to taking things by your stride, isn't it?

To this day, I am not sure if its just too many bad things happening around in the world or that news and information is at our disposal that we are getting to know everything; which we normally wouldn't have earlier? Either way; what I am sure is our tolerance level has come down a lot. 

When I am not running around to office and back in this brutal Bangalore's traffic; I sketch and write Haikus. Sketching started off as a way to pass time and now it's growing on me. I think I have improved with each work; learning the techniques and the tools. Here are few. 





I have been able to give away a couple of these pieces and give the money got from it to help few charity organizations. I do my bit to give back to the society; why not encourage others as well through this? If any of you are interested in taking a look at all the works; please state it in the comment section, I'll share the link.

The other activity that keeps me occupied are writing Haikus. Its been a great learning and every month when I get an email from NHK World TV that my work has been accepted and would be published on their website; I just feel so happy. To have my work chosen among 1000's of haikus they get from 100+ countries each month is a great achievement. Here are few published ones.




What are your thoughts on these haikus?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Bindu.after a long time I started to read blogs.. to kill the boredom of blore traffic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now it sounds like Movable Type is the preferred blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?
    슈어맨

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!