Friday, September 5, 2008

Karthik and his Tea cup

With due respect and credit to my dear friend Karthik...a.k.a gopalakk....I am sharing a "not-so-Karthik" type tit-bit.
Gopalakk was his login name in the organization we worked...and it was easier for us to address him that way. He comes across as a calm, charming, down-to-earth person, very sweet..hmm Mr Perfect(He had a neat and organized desktop), very prompt in updating instant messenger status as "Away for tea" or "Away for lunch" as he leaves his cube.
And always follows the English grammar etiquette even on chats.....begins every sentence with Capitals...
But he had a not-so-Karthik type habit. Well, there's always some amount of freakishness in each one of us. Likewise Mr Perfect had one too.
What would you do with your Tea Cup; after having enjoyed your fresh dip-tea? Ok...assuming that we have a fair idea about Karthik, what would anyone expect Karthik to do with his tea cup after he has finished his tea? Most of them would agree if I say we expect him to promptly dispose the tea bag and wash his cup dry....But Karthik...Well........The first time he shocked me...
He leaves the tea cup with the tea bag in on his table and lets it nurture growth - a greenish blusish haze being developed around the tea bag.
The chap had 2 tea cups which would take turns in nurturing growth....He and his dirty tea cup.
He says he makes his tea the same way even now..and its tasty!! and has offered me to taste it. For heaven's sake he is far away in the States...and I am saved. I cant comment as I have not tasted his tea, yet this is gopalakk for you....:-)

7 comments:

  1. eeks! That is so un-Karthik like. I cant believe it. Is it true Gopala?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He leaves the tea cup with the tea bag in on his table and lets it nurture growth - a greenish blusish haze being developed around the tea bag."
    Well, for how does he leave his tea bag to nurture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats his secret recipe...
    Well, none of us have asked him how he does that yet. Are you planning to try that Gautam? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. God. Thats SO KARTHI! :D
    This inspires me to write about his hair-cum-helmet-halo in his head!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My... All these rumors. I deny the allegations. Though I don't expect people's opinion to change. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes...Also Karthik's untrimmed hair!!! Hehehehe.....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!