Monday, November 10, 2008

Why do Women love shoes so much?

Why do women love shoes so much? Why is there a sense of euphoria when we pass by a shoe store? Are there any women out there who have not envied Sarah Jessica Parker's royal blue stilettos in the movie The Sex and the City? Or hoping if one could ever have as many pairs of footwear as our very own Ms Jayalalithaa? To most women, shoes mean much more than covering your feet.
Shoes are ornaments which accentuates the beauty of a lady's feet. Shoes talk a lot about you, your personality. I read somewhere that the first thing a women notices about you are your feet. Your footwear can tell tales of you, if you are the adventurous type, moody, bubbly....well...A close friend of mine who quite interestingly is also my mentor once complained, "I need to be very particular about my footwear whenever I meet you".
Women feel a sense of belonging when they enter a shoe store. Its the "Wow, I am home!" feeling. How many ever pairs they own, their closets have room for just another pair...or is it just another?
It isn't a crazy fetish, Its their basic need. Would it look nice if a women wore a pair of sneakers with a cocktail dress? Yuck!! See, she needs a strappy stilettos or a high pumps which would complement her dress. Do women buy shoes to match their dress or buy dress to match their shoes? If you ask me...its both!!!.
We don't need a reason to buy those . Ask any women what is that envies her about her best friend? Is that her job? her boyfriend? her new pair of skinny jeans? Nooooo...its gotta be shoes.
Women just cant get enough of shoes, even if their closets are full, even if their backs ache, even if it means paying hundreds of bucks for that 6 inch pointed stiletto which could bruise your feet.
Come on, they are worn to enhance style and confidence.
Its a way of making your own personal statement...

If you see a woman with flats, she wants to go easy and relax
If you see a lady with a pointed high heeled shoe, she flaunts her confidence
If you see a woman wearing a flip-flop, she is in a great mood to chill.

Well, well...when there are varieties to choose from, wedges, flip-flops, flats, stilettos, pumps, heels, peep-toes........why not?

Few reasons why women cant resist them
- There are varieties and are cheap.
- Make a personal style statement.
- Cant wear the same old boring black sandals everywhere.
- Fundamental right to choose!!. Do I wear these flats with this pair of jeans or would pumps go better?
- Phew!! cant wear heels every time. So I need another pair..So one more pair!!
- Those peep-toes are in fashion!, I need to get 'em.

So happy Shoe shopping ladies...and guys..now you know why do women love shoes?

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I know I know and I can understand! I am a kind of person who will have a variety of shoes but will wear only the one that is most easy to wear... And I end up using just one pair for a long time till it wears out. Rajesh would know better, he always keeps cursing me for my disinterest in style. Ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? Rajesh has given me a task of finding him a good pair of white shoes about 2 weeks back!
    He asked me even today :-|

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bindu,,let me know what will her footwear be when she is in flirtatious mood,,will help me a lot,,thnx in advance,,,chetu

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be stiletto heel chetan.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So there is something to it!! Nice post. I also lose myself in a shoe store..though I wear only flats. Even an inch of heels makes me uncomfortable:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lostworld,

    Yes..you too!! Welcome to the group :-D
    Oh!! Flats only? Hmm..they are cool and comfortable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what did you wear yesterday?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!