I forgot to mention two things.
1. My post on Kaapi - http://spice-n-ice.blogspot.com/2009/09/kaapi-time.html gave me immense satisfaction that I have done justice to Coffee after reading all your comments. Most of the readers felt the aroma of the coffee or lingered to have coffee after reading the post. A writer cannot get any better award than these. Thank you all for those wonderful comments and reminiscing with me.
2. My previous post on my kitten, evoked some emotions among the readers. I generally write sarcastic humor, but that post was heavy. I hope none of you were affected too very deeply by it.
Previous 2 weeks were adventurous and fun and awards galore. I started blogging beginning March 2008. For more than a year, my blog was read by just a couple of folks. I wrote it for myself, to unwind; these people were interested to read whatever I wrote. I am very bad at networking, so I didn't advertise my blog or even never asked any of my friends to read it; even though I silently blog hopped and lapped up all what others wrote.
But of late, I have been followed, people read what I write, it feels nice. But I also feel sad, because my best posts have all been lying underneath. I wrote them when not many read me; they are really really good ones. So folks, if you are bored and don't have anything to do, I would suggest you to dig my archives and read older posts. Trust me, you will enjoy to the core and you wont belt me!! SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.
Errr...I am not bragging but genuinely want wonderful readers like you not to miss few of the beautiful stuffs that I wrote.
Yeah, why did I say this? Because, I got few awards from folks who think my posts are entertaining and they like it. Here are those
The Circle of Friends Award - by SG. Thanks a ton SG for considering me a true blog friend. It means a lot to me.
Beautiful Blogger Award- By SG again. This was what he said and I quote " Thanks a lot SG.
I Love Your Blog Award and One Lovely Blog Award - by Rammy. Thank you Rammy for liking my posts, its really encouraging.
A Fabulous Blog Award by Neha. Thanks a ton Neha, this was so very unexpected. I read your post, commented on it. After sometime, I saw your comment on my blog that I have an award to collect from your blog. I was surprised because when I read your post, I was sure I didn't miss anything.
Thanks for feeling that I really deserved it.
A bow and a thanks to you all once again.
And now the TAG. I got tagged by Rammy. Thanks pal.
Here they are
1.What is your current obsession ?
Blogging and blog hopping.
2. What are you wearing today?
A blue jean and a lime green shirt with peep toe sandals.
3. What’s for dinner?
Oh! I don't know yet!
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Groceries. Dear me!! pulses and others cost a bomb!! Is there any way to survive by drinking air??
5. What are you listening to right now?
I am munching on some chips. So hearing my own munches...Cruch..munch..crunch..munch
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
A very sweet person. Would love to read his posts more often, but guess he is a busy guy!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Bangalore!! where else?
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Cotton pants and tops, flat sandals
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Nah, I want to be at home, lazy to even go to the kitchen to fetch a cup of tea, which I really want now
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Telugu. I have been surrounded by Telugu speaking folks since my college. My friends are mostly Telugu, yet I haven't mastered it X-( ...I do understand the language though, but I want to speak fluently.
Also German..I will enroll soon
11. What’s your favourite quote?
"Everything happens for good" - The Gita
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
13. What is your favourite colour?
14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A well fitted denim trousers.
15. What is your dream job?
Travel host who travels around the world, experiences everything, sees exotic places, indulges in all and gets paid for it!!! like Samantha Brown.
I envy that woman a lot!! I always wonder what should you do to land in that job? Then concluded, first, you have to be an American, which I am not :-(
16. What’s your favourite magazine?
None at all. No magazines in particular. But I can lap it up whatever I am given
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Uh-huh...nothing!..Oh no..Yeah footwear!!!
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Ladies wear sneakers with Salwar suits. Maybe its comfortable but it looks so yucky. Ladies!! please, don't do that.
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
21. What are you going to do after this?
Drag myself to kitchen and make myself a cup of tea or coffee. Don't know, it depends on what first I lay my hands on- tea powder or coffee powder
22. What are your favourite movies?
Notting Hill, Cast Away, Mozhi(Tamil), The Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, Sleepy Hollow, Rangeela...few more.
I can watch them on and on and on
23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Lip gloss, Davidoff Cool water perfume and that's all. I don't use anything else!!...
24. What inspires you?
Everything, everyone around. Each one teaches something or the other.
25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Wear what you are comfortable in.
Don't follow fashion trends blindly, make sure it suits you.
Have right attitude and the world is yours baby!!!
26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Juggling and shuffling around, finally choose something to wear but make sure that I would be shopping the coming weekend.
27. Coffee or tea?
Coffee mostly, tea rarely...
28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Live with it, let it out, and it goes away after sometime
29. What is the meaning of your name?
Oops, my name has long list of meaning. A simple one - "Seed or source of creation; a drop"
30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
Other than those listed on my "I Chase", I blog hop a lot.
31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Black forest pastry, chocolate cake
32. Favorite Season?
Winter, wow I love snugging myself inside a blanket.
33. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
A simple but delicious south indian vegetarian dinner.
34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
Let them know how you feel and then end it. No one's worth your tear!!
35. What are you afraid of the most?
Thought of staying away from my loved one
36. What do feel of the Tag and how do you feel about the award?
The tag sort of helps to reinvent oneself. The awards are encouraging.
Most of them have already been tagged and I am probably the last person to be taking it up, I am not tagging anyone this time.