- A leap year of the Julian calendar beginning on Tuesday.
- Beginning of Mayan Civilization around this year
- If you are a computer geek, you know this is the HTTP Status code on success :-)
- This is the common ISO-standard film speed for photographic films
- Around this time, the Paracas culture in the Andes ended.
- The number of globular cluster in our galaxy The Milky Way
- The number of calories 496 ml of Coco Cola holds.
- Around when Brahminism evolved into Hinduism.
- Is the smallest base 10 unprimeable number
- Level of cholesterol desirable or acceptable
- Pangaea started to break into Laurasia and Gondwanaland about these many million years ago.
- Beginning of Jurassic period these many million years ago.
- Number of runs scored by Sachin; the first ever highest score in an ODI.
- Is also an Harshad number.
Now why am I obsessed with 200? Because this is my 200th post. So thought what better way than sharing with you folks some important facts associated with the number 200.
There is no feeling of elation or achievement in me. I am quite surprised if the count is really 200. When I started blogging, I never ever thought I could write such lot! What started as a way to beat the stress out of me has now become a part of me.
In the process, I have come across excellent blogs and wonderful bloggers. Retrospecting about my blog and me as a blogger, there are rooms for improvement; especially in my PR skills and networking ability. I know very very few people in real world itself; so less that I can count on my fingers. For a person as me, having these many readers and blogger friends in virtual world amazes me and makes me wonder if it is really me!
No wonder I am still nowhere in terms of reaching out to people even after being in the blog world for a pretty decent time :-D But that is me, hidden in my cocoon and yet all you wonderful people have found me. Now it seems that having a pen name INSIGNIA does not make sense anymore, now that most of you know my real name :-)
I remember a couple of folks asking me why have I named myself after a cigarette - Insignia? :-P
The fewer friends who read me are the best ones I bet! You readers have been so wonderful and encouraging, I cherish you all. Its a great thing to take one's precious time off and read my post, and even more considerate of you all to leave your views and suggestions and appreciations. It encourages me a lot. I have been told that I tend to take my readers seriously; after all they are virtual. Yes, I do take my readers or rather their views seriously, as they devout their time and energy to read and comment aftermath.
What better opportunity than now to thank all of you for your support and encouragement. I want to thank Gautam, Neha, Gayathri, SG, Bikram, Makk, Holy Lama, Hary, Guria, lostworld, soin, Ketan, Abhinav, Nu, Karthik, Antarman, Chowla sir, Naidu sir, chitra, Shaunak, Kish, SM, Kavi, et, Chandana, A, RGB, Madhu, Shilpa, Nipun, Pratik, Ajay, Merlin, Rajlakshmi, anilkurup, Wise Donkey Ma'am, Harini, Shesha, Ramesh, A.K, sushobhan, Jaunty Amina, Gymnast, Megha, Novice writer, Destiny's child, Rohit, Scattered Thoughts, AS, Vishnu, scarlet pimpernel and others who have read me. Please pardon me for not linking back. Its tad tedious and I am going lazier day by day!
As a way of demonstrating my thanks to you all, here is an THANK YOU AWARD on my behalf. This is a painting which I made sometime back and I hold it very dear to me. I now want you folks to have it and I dedicate this post to all my readers and blogger friends. Thank you very much :-)