On popular demand, I am taking up this tag. This tag is being devoured like yummy cakes all around my blog network. I did not want to take up tags for some time, but its contagious you see!!
Neha, Nu and lostworld have tagged me. Pardon me if I have missed anyone else who has tagged me on the same. I am losing my memory, see, signs of growing old :-|
This tag is about listing at least 10 things you have done that your gender is not supposed to do or generally does not do. Hmm, being me, I do have few interesting things and few things that I want to do that my gender is not supposed to do. Now who set these rules!! I do not know. Anyway, its fun tag, let me not get into probing further.
I have gone against the principles of 'Girls do not do these things' and a 'Girl has to do do all these things' all the time. Been a rebel, continue to be a rebel and I am smirked upon. Well, nothing has changed me!!
So, apart from listing those things I have done that my gender is not supposed to do, I would also list about the things that I have not done which a girl is supposed to do.
1. Never been able to get myself to adorn my house's courtyard with a Rangoli or the Kolam. My mom always made it a point to have an elaborate Kolam before the sun came out. She had a magic in her fingers which I could never ever get. It was a girl thing but I could never learn the art!! I remember an incident. One day she was having a bad headache(when was headache ever good!! :-S) and she was coaxing me to draw a Kolam before the sun came out. I was sleepy, yet I grudgingly went out not able to withstand her nag anymore, swept the area and drew a Kolam, came back and slept. When she saw what I had done, she was shocked! She mentions it even to this day to anyone and everyone she meets. Well, what I did was draw something of this sort, in the name of Kolam.
2. At work, more than writing lines of code, what i love is climbing ladders and pulling optical fibers and cables to connect my servers and switches. The servers, switches and cables are my babies! I love to plug in modules and assemble servers and chassis. This is only a guy thing which a support engineer(mostly a guy) does. But I like to get my hands bleeding. Yeah you folks read it right. One such day, I noticed blood flowing on the edge of the rack in my data center when trying to connect some cables and wires to my server. It was spooky, like a scene from a horror movie. I did not know where it was from. I just wiped it off and came back to my desk. It was then I noticed a cut on my wrist. Talk about working hard by giving off your blood and sweat!!
3. I can talk about lengths regarding the technical details, performance, price and value of cars and bikes. Now this is often considered a male domain. But these things have always fascinated me. My friends check with me if they want any information on latest models of car/bikes and their specifications. It so happened that in my 11th grade, I was discussing about the newly introduced bike Pulsar with a friend. This lady happened to share the same with her dad. Her dad had warned her not to continue her friendship with me, as he thought I had a boy friend; because it was not possible for a girl to know all the technical details of a bike!! And hence I would have a wrong influence on her :-S
4. I am a beauty illiterate. You may already know about that. I have a post dedicated on the same - Beauty Illiterate.
I do not know what an eye liner is, what a mascara is. I do not know what is the difference between a foundation or a concealer! Never tried them, never been to a salon except to trim my hair. I like it this way!!
5. I do not have girls as my friends. I can hardly count on my fingers the number of girl friends I have. I am very comfortable with guys and I get along with them very well. Can talk anything under the sun with ease with them, but not with girls! I do not like gossips, the mushy-mushy cho-chweet candy talks of girls, that's the reason.
6. I do not like dressing up. It takes me less than 2 minutes to dress. A pair of jeans or capris and a casual shirt or a Tee is all I need. No make-up, no jewelry. Actually these things irritate me. But as a typical women, I am very particular about my foot wear. :-P
7. I am constatnly told to slow-down at home and at work. I come across as an aggressive, dominant, no-nonsense person who speaks my mind out. Are these traits of men?? I do not know.
8. I love riding motor cycles. Used to regularly ride my husband's Yamaha RX135 before marriage. 2 stroke bikes are always thrilling. Now that I am married to him and stuck up for the rest of my life, he does not give his bike anymore :-P
9. I have had short layered bob cut until recently and I found it very very comfortable. Others around me thought I was too boyish and on an outcry, I had to let my hair grow :-(
10. I do not like laces, satin ribbons, braids and bows. I cannot flutter my eye lashes, neither can I be elegant, even when I am draped in a Saree.. Sorry!!
11. I am very adventurous. I like traveling to the places not explored, and end up venturing to areas that are closed or which are not open for visiting. Guys!! I tell you are not that bold at all. I have tough time coaxing them to join.
12. I was about to forget this one. I do not get scared of roaches, worms, lizards....
Phew!! Its really tough you see! I am done!! Yaaeyyy!
Almost everyone around have been tagged, so now to make it interesting, I am going to tag guys!! :-P wicked me
I tag Bikram, Nipun, et. What are the girlie things you have done or want to do guys? I wanna know!!