Few things could be used otherwise than their normal usage. Leverage, optimize and reuse is the mantra. Some really creative usage of the ordinary for the extra ordinary :-D
Here they are
- Broom to spread oil on a large scale while preparing dosas :-)
- Banana doubled up as offering to deity and as a placeholder for incense sticks
- Footwear to beat up eve teasers.
- Charcoal doubling up as dish washing agent and as tooth powder
- Hockey sticks/cricket bats to bash up rogues.
- Horse shoe nailed to the main entrance of a house for luck and prosperity.
- Rice powder to draw rangolis/kolams.
- Sieve to look at the moon during Karwa Chauth
- Soda bottles to knock off someone on the head.
- Saliva expelled in anger to INSULT somebody.
- Sacred ash or Vibuthi to adorn one's forehead as tilak doubles up as a cleaning agent for glass
- Paan stains to paint the town red.
These were all I could think of as of now. New creative ideas welcome :-) Shoot!!