Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wanna know whats happening with me?

Past few days have been really hectic for me. I haven't been able to do much apart from the swim sessions on my weekends. My frustration level overshooting the mercury, stress punching me hard. I am not finding time to READ!!! Holy Lord, 3 pending books to be read, out of which one is the latest fiction by Jeffrey Archer - Paths of Glory. I bought it and its on my reading table, each time I look at it sleepy eyed; I want to cry; Unable to lay my hands on it.

And the whole world knows about what my state of mind is, hmm, maybe not the whole world, but the inhabitants of my tiny kingdom of Instant Messaging. How our lives have changed with advancement in technology. Awwwww.....not again! Well, well, I am not going to give a gyan on this. We all are very well informed.

What struck me its a passe now to hide our emotional being and what we are currently doing. Waxing eloquent to the whole world about what we are doing currently, what our mood is or what we did last weekend or even the current music track you are listening to is the order of the day. Its no more a cool thing to set your status message as "Available", "Away" or "Busy". How boring that is.

You want the world to know whats happening with you, just status it out there on your IM.


Image from iproclaim.com

Yeah, I somehow am biased towards one of the IM service. I can status my stuff by just clicking on the text box; not unlike other IM where to tag in a status; you need to follow 3 steps - 3 steps means 3 clicks...

Observe and you can read all sort of funny and interesting status messages; sometimes emotions, philosophy, irony, just plain silly stuffs; advertising what you feel. the person noticing the status message definitely is bound to ask what happened; if its a joyful occasion, congratulate; if its sorrow, condole. Mission accomplished!

How do you grieve and let the world know you are grieving? Put it on IM. I once put my status as "Rochoo passed away :-(". I was pinged by all my friends who were online asking who was Rochoo and what happened. And condolences galore! By the way Rochoo was my pet fish.

Once I put up "Chai Latte and Tamil rap". A couple of my friends asked if composers made rap music in Tamil...

The interesting part is you can pick up a conversation. A friend who is on your list but has not talked to you for some time would actually be curious to know what happened and you get started.

A recent one was "Meri BAD luck tho bahut hi bad ho gayi"


A long time friend pinged to me to ask if everything was fine at my end :-D

One status message of a friend who was celebrating the onset of annual vacation was -

"A vacation is like love, anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort and remembered with nostalgia"

A friend once cleverly propagated that his was his birthday by stating this -
"I will cut the cake and have it too"

Another once wanted the world to know that he was married now by quoting -
"Yeah...my relationship status has changed"

Another one had a novel idea to get his assignments done. "What a sick way to spend sleepless night trying to finish of a %^&# assignment in English"

That chap had reached his heights of frustration.
Guess what? He was helped to finish off his assignment by a couple of his friends.

So next time, you want to know whats cooking among your friends, check their status message.

My status message after posting this blog would be -
"Wanna know whats happening with me? @ spice-n-ice.blogspot.com"


Image from http://www.publishingconvention.com/newsletter/07May/AP07NewsLetterMar.htm

Hail IMs
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
(Didn't want to deviate from the topic earlier. But just to show who Rochoo was.....)

8 comments:

  1. My hearty condolence on the passing away of Rochoo. Did you give a navy burial? (flush down the toilet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiiii

    mast post yaar ...:)

    yaa yaar status msgs reflect the psychology of the person.... thanks to IMs , i got an amazing sis like u :)

    rochoo was indeed lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Mano, I did not send her off in such manner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks AS. I am honored. Yes, thanks to Google in general to have got a sweet sista like you..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post!! i am thankful to google too! for i have met a sweet person like you! and i think some of the status messages are mine in that if i am not mistaken?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot Gautam. I am very much privileged to have known you and now a very good friend due to Google.

    Hehehe of course, few of the status messages are yours and I took the liberty to use them here. hope you wont mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!