Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Expressions


Content with silence
Sitting in a corner 
The world around
is so adequate 
and quaint. 
Words - can be manipulated
Actions; exaggerated
But 
Expressions -
are one and only, 
unique 
Captured in time,
the essence. 
Expressions - 
Windows to the soul.
Expressions - 
need no language
and thus no barriers.
Try not,
to find words
to describe what I feel.
Just look at me...
And feel what I feel.
You see...
I seem,
Content with silence.
But I am telling you a thousand things...
With my
Expressions

PS : This is my darling Gypsy supposedly in a melancholic mood. But bugger is just sober and relaxing. 

10 comments:

  1. Ralph Waldo Emerson said beauty without expression is boring. Gypsy is beautiful with a great expression. Thanks for the beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SG,

      Thanks a lot for your comments and for the quote by Raulph Waldo Emerson

      Delete
  2. indeed... sometimes words are not needed... expressions tell their own story.. beautiful and a thoughtful write ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well well,when I saw the poem in fb I did not know that this was your blog post . I mean I did not notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anil,

      I put it on blog and then shared it on FB as well. Never mind, you did notice it now

      Delete
  4. Reminds me of the song 'When You Say Nothing At All'. Sometimes words arent needed to convey our feelings :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa I love the Ronan Keating version of the song :-D Exactly, sometimes the looks and the expressions conveys so much that words are not needed or inadequate

      Delete
  5. Just look at me, and feel what I feel.
    Yes, I think that is the essence of human-dog relationship. In that fullness of silence we know each other so perfectly. No need to express it in any other way.

    Love yer Gypsy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Balan. And you have not been blogging these days. Miss your posts.

      Delete

I'd love to know what you thought :-) Please shoot!